EMPLOYMENT DISPUTES AND NEGOTIATIONS
Few relationships in life are as time-consuming, fraught with emotion, and consequential, as that between the employer and its employees. And few involve so many legal issues.
I represent employers and employees in all types of employment-related matters, such as:
- Compensation/bonus disputes;
- Actions for discrimination and retaliation;
- Actions involving claims of hostile work environment and harassment;
- Enforcement of non-compete/non-solicitation clauses;
- Litigation for failure to pay overtime, improper wage deductions, and other violations of federal and state labor laws;
- Negotiation and drafting of employment, severance, bonus, and other agreements;
- Counseling of companies and individuals on various matters of employment law, including employee termination.
My experience as an employment lawyer includes:
- Successfully litigating on behalf of an employee of a major financial services firm who was a victim of a hostile work environment;
- Obtaining favorable settlement on behalf of a class of financial advisors of a major financial institution deprived of proper compensation;
- Negotiating settlement for salespeople of credit card processor whose wages were improperly deducted in violation of the labor laws;
- Litigating in federal court on behalf of hospitality industry employee whose employer failed to pay all wages earned;
- Representing a Wall Street professional who was deprived of a substantial bonus in arbitration;
- Advising a UK-based technology startup on various contractual matters.